View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 10:54 PM   #3
Clifford

The pic on my b-50 has the new spring already installed (I took it apart to show the steps). Here is what the old spring looks like compared to the new one. Old on left, new on right.

Note the diameter difference. The new spring required a slight twist and it will seat perfectly in the end cap.
I actually liked the fit of the new spring compared to the old due to the fact that the old one was very loose in the cap.

Once you get the spring in the endcap it should stay put while you position it here

And then it's just assemble in reverse order.

With the new spring running the b-50 on a 2k fill my first shot was 775fps with the same 15.89gr JSB's. I had a 3rd-4th shot spike of 805fps and then things settled down nicely through 20 or so more shots. By shot 27-28 fps dropped to the 720's. For reference the 33rd shot was at 698fps, which is where I stopped shooting. Once again, sorry for the bad chrony work, I hope to update it soon. All in all I would say with the new spring the b-50 is easily capable of 25+ shots at around 20fpe on a 2k fill. No doubt more shots can be achieved with some hammer throw adjustment which I may try later. Also, I will probably replace the transfer port seal just in case I'm losing a bit of air at that location during the shot.

To be continued...
Clifford is offline   Reply With Quote