View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 11:35 PM   #1
PakProtector

Default Hi from Ann Arbor!!!

hey-Hey!!!,
I just discovered y'all and am getting back into some air gunning. This is also nearly a copy of the post I madeon another intro...it'll do just as well here... I started with a Sheridan Blue Streak 5mm around 1978 with my Father. Back then 5mm was a bit less common than today. Steel BB's were out, and after some BC calculation the yellow-box Sheridan ammo came out at the top and the rest is history. Now those are unique pellets...the skirt is thin enough to balloon out like a minne ball to seal the bore and they've shot pretty well.

Fast forward a bit and I bought a used 5mm RWS 34. Now I have heard a bit about some special buy of those guns...more info would be appreciated; all the stuff I ever see only shows 177 and 22 for that model. Anyway, I've shot it a bit and just decided to step up to a big Beeman, the gas ram'd RX2. Should be here shortly...it is another 5mm...

For other entertainment I have a Gen 1 Dodge Turbodiesel to play with. I also build audio amps. Guitar stuff from time to time, but mostly Hi-Fi. To go along with that obsession I collect the bits needed to sustain it; tubes, power and output transformers, sockets. I also enjoy Larry Niven Sci-Fi, as well as a fantasy writer named Brian Jacques...Eulaliiiaaaaaaa!!!!!!
cheers,
Douglas
PakProtector is offline   Reply With Quote