View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 12:23 AM   #3
critter99

Default Reamed barrel blanks

Marauder Field & Target
Moving on, we come to the new Benjamin Marauder Field & Target — the Marauder with a regulator. It’s easy to spot, because it’s that silver strip between the reservoir tube and the receiver of the rifle. I don’t see it live on the website yet, but it looks just like a regular Marauder with a couple important differences.

Marauder Field & Target
Moving on, we come to the new Benjamin Marauder Field & Target — the Marauder with a regulator. It’s easy to spot, because it’s that silver strip between the reservoir tube and the receiver of the rifle. I don’t see it live on the website yet, but it looks just like a regular Marauder with a couple important differences.

Adjustable regulator?
Does it really have an adjustable trigger? Yes and no. The regulator is not user-adjustable, but a switch on the bottom of the forearm allows the shooter to engage it for maximum shot count or disengage it for greatest power potential. Remember that the Marauder is already one of the most owner-tunable air rifles on the market — this feature simple gives you one more option. However, if should be used in conjunction with all the existing adjustments. And Crosman made the switch operate by a coin, or by a tool they now build into the cap that covers the air inlet nipple. Neat!

Can you retrofit a regulator to your Marauder? No. Installing a reg is a complex process with several new parts, including the stock.

The new rifle also comes with an adjustable cheekpiece — another thing done right. And Crosman is now reaming their tubes before rifling them — which improves accuracy. The new Field & Target rifle will have a reamed barrel. And, I have saved the best for last. The suggested retail price will be just $619! Phooey on the naysayers who were guessing it would cost a grand. Apparently Crosman is here to stay!

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/wp-co...eld-Target.jpg
critter99 is offline   Reply With Quote