View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 06:34 AM   #4
slingarian

Awesome post. Your write up among others is what convinced me that I really needed to add a "Boss" to the collection.

Mine arrived a few days ago from AOA. I was out of town at the time and my wife had the box waiting for me when I got home. Very excited I opened the brown cardboard shipping box and was surprised to find inside a plastic gun case, not an original box from FX. The plastic gun case is a tad small for the rifle and was bulged out on one side where the end of the barrel was pushing it out. The rifle, owners manual, small AOA checklist stating they inspected and tested the rifle and a single magazine were inside the case. The gun has a walnut stock while lovely dosen't stand up to the wood on my FX Tarantula. The new scope purchased to go on this gun (Hawke Sidewinder 30 6x24x56) hasn't arrived yet so it sits waiting to get shot over the chronograph. I couldn't stand the suspense tho and had to go put a few rounds thru it to see what its report was like. I"m happy to say that to my ear its no louder than my Gladiator or Matador .25's. I'll get some pictures taken and repost when I the glass shows up and I get some strings over the skyscreens.
slingarian is offline   Reply With Quote