Thread: FDPCP explosion
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 04:07 PM   #29
Bob La Londe

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
We don't censor you over here. But I will say I may not completely agree with your views. Doubt we will ever find out the reason it exploded, but do hope it does not happen to anyone else.

My wife still gets choked up thinking about how close that tube came to taking her head off. We are talking about it being so close it brushed her hair

Still get a kick out of those who pointed fingers at me saying it was my fault. Hardly is all I'll say. The gun was filled within its recomended spec. It failed plain and simple. Why ? Hell if I know, but there will NEVER be another china pcp in my house...
I don't have one of those mod jobs, but I do have a B50 177 and I think its pretty well made. It will out shoot my Marauder 177. The Marauder does gets more use being a repeater and now regulated. Both are deadly at 25 yards. At 50 yards the B50 start to show its better accuracy and at 68 yards its a toss up because the B50 is unregulated. Someday I'll drop a regulator in the B50 and see if it continues to be better out to 60-90 yards.

68 yards is the distance to my side fence, and its about 100 yards from the corner of my shop to the left back corner and 120 to the right. 94 yards is the longest range I've made a kill with the 177 Marauder.The regulator on the Marauder does a good job of maintaining shot speed so it helps at longer range shots, although the curve in the B50 is very smooth.

I do have to admit the o-rings in the B50 are like most Chinese import o-rings. Ok, but short life span.