View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 09:23 PM   #6
Bob La Londe

Ok... I cranked up the gun today,and fired some 31.02 grain H&Ns. Fastest shot from 3000 PSI was 908 FPS.

In this gun that is:

+7 turns preload.
-1/2 turn (modified hammer) striker length.
10 lb hammer spring.
Lightly ground both ends of stock poppet spring to shorten.

At that tune I could tell the gun could stand to be charged to 3200, but I do not trust the aluminum bottle over 3000 PSI. If I go with a 250 bar bottle I will put a proper regulator on it. Probably set to around 2400-2500 PSI.

Follow up shots were 900, 896, 892, 886.
Next string at those settings was similar starting at 902.

I would bet money that this valve could allow this gun to be adjusted to 6-8 shots at 55FPE. Maybe more if I was will to over charge, or possibly higher FPE instead with a stronger hammer spring.

Now I am getting back to my original goal. That is a long shot string around 900 FPS with 25.39 Kings. So far I am upto 18-19 shots with an almost regulated looking curve on shots 1 thru 15. I've got zero preload and a bunch of hammer stroke turned in and I still can't seem to get past the curve on the top end. So far I've only been shooting a 20FPS spread, but at the end of the string it does start to fall quickly. I've been stopping at about 886-888. Most shots are just over 900. (902-907). Its really close, but I think I need to find a string that starts at or around 890. My last two strings started at 900 and climbed to 907.

Charging my bottle right now. One more half turn reduction of hammer stroke and one more string then I'll post some string data.

FYI: I am really liking my Pro Chrono Digital. I can actually record string data and target shoot at the same time. At my short target range (23 yards) this gun is blowing one ragged hole for whole magazines. Sometimes two. I've blown several holes in my aluminum backer plate. Fortunately I have a big dirt pile behind that.

Last edited by Bob La Londe; 05-05-2015 at 09:26 PM..
Bob La Londe is offline   Reply With Quote