View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 10:10 PM   #3
Rdsail

So once I sorted out the accuracy problem, I decided to increase the power to Average of 911 fps with kings. I'm using a 12.5# spring with 2.5 turns of preload here are the results. The gun is much louder and my efficiency went down a lot but I don't really care too much about that it is a hunting gun. Getting 16 shots at 2% spread is mostly my goal.

Here are the numbers for the KINGs. Average: 912 fps : 46.9 fpe

Then I tried at the same Setting with HN cudas 31g Average: 839 fps : 48.5 fpe

Also did Shot the cudas at maximum power with my current set up. The results where a high of 925fps at 2800psi that would equal to 58.9 FPE. I could easily reach 60 fpe by just increasing the t port and barrel port size or by adding a little more hammer. My porting is still conservative.

I'm not sure if the lost of efficiency was do to the combination of the heavier spring and increase power. I it is surprising how much louder the gun in from 895 setting to 910 which is the biggest sign of wasted air. I could have reduced the power but my curve gets larger. I'll be happy when my LCD comes in.

Now for accuracy:

All groups from 40 yards.

This would be my average group of 5 with the magazine: (never mind the shots on the upper left Those where the cudas. They do not group as well)

One of the better groups of 5 with one flyer with the magazine

This is my best group so far this is a group of 3 @ 40 yards. I did not shot more because I did not want to mess it up.