View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 01:57 AM   #5
Bob La Londe

I've been wanting greater efficiency (and more power) out of my .25 (gen 2) so I copied much of your work here. I have a 10# spring rather than a 12.5. My first shot with hammer throw at zero and preload at zero was 951 FPS with 25.39 Kings. I started cranking down the hammer throw until I got a shot around 905. (about 6.5 turns) Then for the next 10-12 shots the gun shot like it was regulated. 905-903-904-902.... I was amazed. When I refilled the gun though my first shot was really slow. Down around 850. And then it stared to climb. It wasn't back up in the speed range until shot 9 or 10.

Both fills were to 3000 PSI.

I'll need to do some more experimentation, but it looks like my best shots are from about 2800-2200. Since I already have a screw on bottle on this gun it just might be a good candidate for a high pressure bottle and a regulator.

I wish I had a big bottle I could tether to so I could play with adjustments at different pressures. My little bottle only fills this gun twice before I have to throw it back on the pump.