Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:

Air Gun Forums » Air gun Alley » Crosman, Benjamin, Sheridan » How to upgrade your Benjamin Discovery

Notices

Old 07-18-2012, 11:36 PM   #1
grumpy
Administrator

Default How to upgrade your Benjamin Discovery

I been searching all around the web and no one has compiled a single post with all ( or many ) of the Benjamin Discovery's modifications. So I thought I would give it a shot. Some of the most common mods are done with parts from other Benjamin guns, such as the Marauder. I will list web sites, part numbers and prices when available. Also this post will be a work in progress. All are welcome to contribute to it.

Triggers: Now we all know the Discovery's trigger is about as crummy as it gets. I would guess the pull to be in the 3-5 pound + range. There are a few different options to give you a nice smooth trigger. The first is the

Bryan & Associates Discovery trigger kit. http://www.airgunbna.com/ It retails for 22.00 plus shipping. Installation is fairly simple and outlined on their web site. This upgrade is generally refereed to as a 2 screw trigger. I rate this trigger upgrade as good in comparison to the factory trigger but a little mushy in feel for my taste.

Next we have the TKO Discovery trigger. http://www.tko22.com/ This upgraded trigger kits is 14.00 plus shipping. It is cheaper then the B&A kit due to it retaining the factory trigger blade. However it is still a much better product then the factory turns out. This trigger is referred to a 3 screw trigger group. I rate this trigger as very good due to its more adjustable.

Finally we have the Benjamin Marauder trigger upgrade. This is when you order the entire Marauder rifle trigger assembly from Crosman. Its part number is 1763A105 Trigger Assembly ( 54.00 ). Now installation of this part on a Discovery does require a little modification but its generally pretty simple. The trigger assemble itself will bolt directly in place of the factory piece. However you will need to modify the hammer of gun. Some people fill in the concave of the hammer with JB Weld and others use the Crosman Challenger hammer, which is a direct fit. One other thing you will need is either a Marauder trigger guard or in some cases folks use the Challenger guard CH2009-031 in its place.

For now I am going to stop here. Soon to be added are some of the many more modifications for the Disco.

Grumpy
grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:30 PM   #2
ShakySarge

Well keep them coming dave!!!! I will be soaking up as much info as possible from you when my disco arrives this week.
ShakySarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #3
grumpy
Administrator

Were gonna have to double team on this thread. There's so many mods to the disco we could be posting them for a week straight !

Dave
Old 02-08-2013, 10:37 PM   #4
Rdsail

I highly recommend the brass trigger. It makes the disco a pleasure to shoot. it is easy to install, just be careful will the spring. It likes to fly. I lost mine and use a spring from a pen. It works great.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:12 AM   #5
calixt0

Send a message via Yahoo to calixt0

Good stuff keep it coming
calixt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:06 PM   #6
Cricket

Default Keep it SImple

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
Were gonna have to double team on this thread. There's so many mods to the disco we could be posting them for a week straight !

Dave
Just send it To DAn and it will majically Comeback looking all Bad ass and shooting like a lazer how much easier can it get LOL
Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 02:11 PM   #7
Geoffrey_K
Super Moderator

the hammer in my disco with mrod trigger has the notch cut in it at the end. is that the right one to have installed ?

did the seller perhaps do the mod and not swap out the hammer/striker ? what might I be missing out on if this is not the right/best option ?
Geoffrey_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 11:23 PM   #8
calixt0

Send a message via Yahoo to calixt0

just ordered teh BA trigger
calixt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 01:16 AM   #9
grumpy
Administrator

Your gonna really like it. Was my favorite of the aftermarket triggers, other then completely switching over to an mrod trigger assembly.
Old 12-16-2014, 02:29 AM   #10
grvdigr1

Default brass trigger mod

I have this trigger upgrade and really like how it fells am very happy as well
grvdigr1 is offline   Reply With Quote