Search the forums:

Air Gun Forums » Air gun Alley » United Kingdom made » BSA Lightning

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2017, 10:50 PM   #1
Badmoets

Default BSA Lightning

Hi guys,

i seem to like odd airguns. Top end guns are not for me. Since i`ve been young i`m struggling airguns that just aren`t ít. Fellow shooters shrieking 'i can really hit anything with this gun! O yeah!' i looked upon with jealous feelings. When i got the chance to buy me one of those airguns that hit everything you aim at the gun bored me in an instant. It`s the struggle to aim and hit that keeps me shooting. I like every hit to be a surprise.

Since a few weeks i got an odd airgun. A BSA Lightning with a Theoben aftermarket gasram. I told a friend of mine i thought about buying a Lightning. My mate told me his was for sale too. I shot that gun some two years ago and i liked it. It didn`t cock after some shots. My mate took the gun home and the moment i wanted a Lightning his was in good shooting condition again. The gun`s not a sight for sore eyes to be true. It was blued again some time ago. No shiney mirror-like blueing, aux contraire! It looks kinda crappy.

The tactical stock gives it something nice. So i bought the gun.

Some guy wrote a lot about the Lightning on the Dutch airgunboard. There`s many versions of the Lightning, some are made in Spain and some are made in the UK. Needless to say the UK Lightnings are the better ones. The XL, the XL SE, the XL GRT, the XL GRT SE, the SE, the XL SE Black and more.
Mine has got the UK trigger. Not the best trigger in de world, it`s got the feel of a Shinsung trigger- but i hate Gamo triggers dearly.

The weakest point of the Lightning is the cocking rod. The cocking rod on the Spanish Lightnings are made of chewing gum and plastic. De UK versions are made of solid steel. That`s better.

Here are the Spanish cocking rods.

Mine`s a combination of Spanish and English steel. I had to do some welding to make it work and durable.

Did i ever mention that Imgur is my friend? I hate Photobucket for what they`ve done. Fuckers!
To be continued.

Best, Badmoets

Last edited by Badmoets; 07-15-2017 at 10:49 PM..
Badmoets is offline   Reply With Quote