Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:

Air Gun Forums » Air Guns Reviews » Air Guns and accessory reviews » WeatherWise Anenometor( wind meter)

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2013, 05:00 PM   #1
ShakySarge

Thumbs up WeatherWise Anenometor( wind meter)

I recently broke down and purchased a wind meter online for my days of shooting when they wind was blowing. You would be surprised how few shooters actually use a wind meter and flags when shooting paper. I learned in the Army that wind has a significant impact on your round, regardless of the bullets weight or size when shooting long range. Now we as Airgunners generally take that long range of 600meters down to about 100 -200 yards tops. Not saying it cannot be done, for it surely can, just putting a general aspect on things. Most airgunners will never shoot past 100 yards, many evevn stop at 75 or 50. When looking at a pellet it is easy to tell that any wind is going to wreak havoc on it's flight path. Even a wind at your back will have an effect!

Now, down to the meat and potatoes of the thread. Knowing how much drift your pellet has at certain speeds is great, but only if you can accurately judge the wind the same every single time!!!! Therefore I suggest this little guy, cheap, easy to use, and the directions are right on the unit!!!! Go ahead, you know you need one!!!

Simply follow the directions and read the wind as the small fan spins. Your windspeed will show up as the unit that you have set such as knots, MPH, KPH.

Overall, I give this unit a solid 4 of 5. The case could use a belt loop and better material could have been used.
ShakySarge is offline   Reply With Quote