You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:

Air Gun Forums » Air gun Alley » Turkish blend » Kral Puncher Pro .25

Notices

Old 07-03-2017, 08:25 PM   #1
Badmoets

Default Kral Puncher Pro .25

Hi,

i bought a second hand Kral Puncher Pro .25 on the Dutch airgunboard. The previous owner bought the gun last december at Krale over here in the Netherlands. I bought it for €300 or $340. Not too bad.

The Puncher Pro weighs some 3,8 kilo, the barrel measures some 23", the stock is made of Turkish wallnut and the magazine contains 10 shots.

I am impressed by the stock. Hardly i had a stock that fitted me better than this one. It`s welll made.

The left side of the breech.

The right side.

To be continued.....
Badmoets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:34 PM   #2
Badmoets

.... shooting the gun i got aware of the lousy muzzle velocity of the gun. 699 fps. That`s not enough for a .25 pellet to do some serious grouping. It was horrible. Four inch groups at 50 meter.

The transferport measured 3,3 mm. I took a drill and brought it to 4,2 mm.

Same goes for the powerwheel.

Putting more pressure on the hammerspring didn`t work. One turn of the adjustment bolt was the max, more than one turn and the gun wouldn`t get cocked. The hammer is hardened.

The short valve stemdoesn`t help to get the pellet going.

Very simple valvehousing. That`s great.

To be continued.........

Last edited by Badmoets; 09-01-2017 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: pics too large
Old 07-04-2017, 02:30 AM   #3
grumpy
Administrator

Very cool, Following along my friend
grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 09:47 PM   #4
Badmoets

Hi Dave,

last scan was ok, next one is in september. We`ve got a great summer ahead of us.

Been jerking around with the Kral. I have made a new hammer for the gun with a M4 thread in it at the front. Since the valvestem is 5 mm in diameter the 4 mm pin on the hammer should open the valve further and longer. The original hammer has a 9,4 mm hole in it, the hammer spring is some 9 mm too so that fits pretty neat. The soft hammer spring doesn`t do the tric. The travel of the hammer is shortened through the 4 mm pin at the front side. So i made the hole in the hammer 10 mm, i had a hammer spring that stiffer. That did the trick. The V0 of the gun is now 867 fps.
The hammer.

Good enough to perform good at 50 meters you would say. Here are some groups at 50 meters.
this is at 1885 psi (130 bar)

This one is at 2030 ps1 (140 bar)

And these are at 2320 psi (160 bar)

This is the best group so far.

Gonna clean the barrel very securely tomorrow. See if that makes it a bit better.

Best, Badmoets
Old 07-16-2017, 10:06 PM   #5
Badmoets

Hiya,

with the latest hammer the cocking of the gun goes easier. like it oughta. I did some testing yesterday, i shoved a pellet through the barrel. It was obvious some lead scraped off of the pellet. Close inspection made clear that there was a tiny sharp edge around the transferport in the barrel.

This afternoon i spent some time getting that sharp edge out of the barrel. Waterproof sanding paper and some oil did the trick. When i shoved another pellet through the barrel i found out that with the 25 grain pellets the barrel is a bit wide, a bit too large in diameter so to say. The klands and grooves leave hardly any impression on the pellet.

I`ve been mailing with Krale, he`s the importer of Kral and he asked me to bring the gun back to his shop. He offered me to see if thare is a better barrel for the gun. I told him earlier that there was no warranty anymore for i bought the gun second hand and i`ve been working on the gun pretty much. He told me he didn`t mind.

I`ll see if i cabn find the time to go the Krale. I`ll keep ya guys posted.

Best, Roel
Old 07-29-2017, 08:08 PM   #6
Airgun.Sniper

thanks for all of the information Roel Looks great and I can under stand it
Old 07-31-2017, 02:13 AM   #7
grumpy
Administrator

Looks forward to seeing how it shoots since you cleaned up the barrel. By the way, so happy to hear the scan was clean !
grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 10:08 PM   #8
Badmoets

Cool

Hi Dave,

the scan`s been clean, treatment is working. Much to our relief. I`m sure you what i mean.

The last groups after cleaning the barrel were as dreadfull as the ones earlier. Shoting a springer gives smaller groups at 50 metres. Some two weeks the gun was delivered at Krale in Staphorst, a shop well known in the US. Krale has some other barrels he will try in the gun. Krale`s service with this gun is pretty impressive. I bought this gun second hand, i took it apart a few times and modded the gun and still they offer me to solve the problem with this gun. Never seen any service like this before.

Look at the last groups i shot with this barrel....

Best regards.

Roel
Old 08-10-2017, 01:48 AM   #9
Airgun.Sniper

I hope when the new barrel it improves accuracy
Old 08-20-2017, 12:15 AM   #10
Badmoets

oi,

got the Puncher Pro back from Krale this week. Krale knows what service is. He gave me another barrel for the Kral Arms Puncher Pro while i didn`t even buy the gun from Krale. Anyway, the new barrel isn`t the revelation i hoped for. But it`s better than it was.

I had to take the Puncher Pro apart for another reason. I wanna show the pics of doing that on your forum. It`s a shame every gun owner doesn`t take his gun apart. The Woild Wide Web would be of more information when everybody wuld take their gun apart.

I`m taking the gun apart. First thing to do is taking the fill pipe off of the action. You don`t need to take the pressure off of it. Removing two Allen screws is enuff.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	162.jpg
Views:	5495
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	170   Click image for larger version

Name:	163.jpg
Views:	5568
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	171