Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:

Air Gun Forums » Air gun Alley » Turkish blend » Webley Valumax .20 initial impressions...

Notices

Old 02-22-2017, 11:53 PM   #1
SteveP

Default Webley Valumax .20 initial impressions...

Amazon has these at the lowest price I've seen on them as they usually run at least $135 so when I saw them for $99.99 w/free delivery and hedging for a week, I finally caved and bought one. My 2nd surprise was the rifle showing up today as it wasn't supposed to show up until Friday and now I have to wait until Saturday for the pellets to get here as this is my first .20 and I don't have any..lol. Here's the link if you're at all interested and want to go look:
https://www.amazon.com/Webley-Value-...ebley+valuemax

The rifle itself for being built by Hatsan feels way more solid than the synthetic stocks on my Edges and appears to be made of a heavier grade material. It also doesn't have the usual cover with 2 screws that at least the Edges do in the grip, it's molded into the stock which may help with that more solid feel. The checkering is also pressed deeper into the stock unlike the my Edge rifles which you feel but it's almost like it was done as an after thought. I also noticed the front stock screw holes aren't the usual raggedy edged deals I've seen on most of my Edge stocks also.
I also like the shorter muzzle break and the way the front fiber optic is designed and it's also open and not hooded. I did take pics of both the rear open sight on the Webley vs what comes on the Edge (I'll stick those in a reply so you can see the difference) and likely the Striker/1000 rifles also and like the design of the Valuemax a lot better...just looks more solid and better built.
That's pretty much it for now except for the pics. Once I have some pellets in hand, I'll get some down range and then run the 4 kinds I ordered over the chrony and see what kind of numbers I get but so far, I'm pretty impressed with how solid it seems to be made material wise.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vmx1.jpg
Views:	3185
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	129   Click image for larger version

Name:	vmx4.jpg
Views:	3126
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	130   Click image for larger version

Name:	vmx6.jpg
Views:	3162
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	131   Click image for larger version

Name:	vmx8.jpg
Views:	3132
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	132   Click image for larger version

Name:	vmx10.jpg
Views:	3087
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	133  

Old 02-22-2017, 11:55 PM   #2
SteveP

Here's a few more pics of the Valuemax and the pics of the Edge rear sight so you can see the difference.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vmx11.jpg
Views:	2882
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	134   Click image for larger version

Name:	vmx9.jpg
Views:	2882
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	135   Click image for larger version

Name:	edge sight1.jpg
Views:	2898