Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:

Air Gun Forums » Air gun Alley » Turkish blend » new AT44 QE. some questions.

Notices

Old 09-03-2015, 04:38 AM   #1
Boom Diggity

Default new AT44 QE. some questions.

what a gun! it was fun sighting it in. well, it got fun when i realized i need to move the knob alot since i was sighting in at 30 yards and this is a 1/4@100 scope.

some questions if i may:

1. do i need to clean this barrel? if so, how? the instructions are gosh-darn vague.
2. there are some parts i cannot ID.
A. a tiny black o-ring that came in the package of yellow o-rings for the fill probe. ZERO clue where it goes.
B. a threaded set screw that apparently fits in the (i think that is what it is) brass threaded fitting that caps the air reservoir. the the threaded brass thing; is it for decompression or protection?... and what is the threaded plug that fits in the end for?
C. for hunting; primarily Turkey hunting. i sighted it in at 30 yards. i figured with decoys i can get them much closer. i do for archery hunts. what is your strategy for a hunting gun? what are you zeroed at?

i am hand pumping my gun with the Hill pump. do i need any teflon tape at the probe threads. it isnt leaking now, but i am unsure. hand pumping is not bad. maybe in the dead of summer it will not be fun, but now it is a nice ab workout.

i think that is it for now. i cannot believe how bad the instructions are! for a season PCP veteran, it's a chip shot.for me!! every move makes me think i am gonna blow the thing up and maim myself.

i am looking forward from learning from you guys. i really bought this thing to put a wild turkey down!! i've taken many with my bow, just want to try some new toys on an old game animal.
Boom Diggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 09:28 PM   #2
critter99

Default Barrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by boom diggity View Post
what a gun! It was fun sighting it in. Well, it got fun when i realized i need to move the knob alot since i was sighting in at 30 yards and this is a 1/4@100 scope.

Some questions if i may:

1. Do i need to clean this barrel? If so, how? The instructions are gosh-darn vagu

2. There are some parts i cannot id.
A. A tiny black o-ring that came in the package of yellow o-rings for the fill probe. Zero clue where it goes.
B. A threaded set screw that apparently fits in the (i think that is what it is) brass threaded fitting that caps the air reservoir. The the threaded brass thing; is it for decompression or protection?... And what is the threaded plug that fits in the end for?
C. For hunting; primarily turkey hunting. I sighted it in at 30 yards. I figured with decoys i can get them much closer. I do for archery hunts. What is your strategy for a hunting gun? What are you zeroed at?

I am hand pumping my gun with the hill pump. Do i need any teflon tape at the probe threads. It isnt leaking now, but i am unsure. Hand pumping is not bad. Maybe in the dead of summer it will not be fun, but now it is a nice ab workout.

I think that is it for now. I cannot believe how bad the instructions are! For a season pcp veteran, it's a chip shot.for me!! Every move makes me think i am gonna blow the thing up and maim myself.

i am looking forward from learning from you guys. I really bought this thing to put a wild turkey down!! I've taken many with my bow, just want to try some new toys on an old game animal.
always clean new out of box ya will be surprised the crap found in new barrels
critter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 04:20 AM   #3
Boom Diggity

okay. how?

pull the barrel off and scrub it..with what? dry brush and swabs?

this is very little info out there.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:30 PM   #4
critter99

Default Crown Saver pull thru with barrel still on

http://www.mac1airgunshop.com/jl-crown-saver-p/jlcs.htm

http://www.mac1airgunshop.com/maintenance-s/1836.htm

http://cdn3.volusion.com/xqnke.ewktw...jpg?1380061006

if needed to drop pull in from crown end of barrel slide a Mc D straw thru baffles so it dont catch on any on way to barrel from shroud end

cloth patches .....old T shirt squares work well

go easy on solvent if you use Goo Gone WD40 etc

I like Ballistol sometimes
use the cleaner in moderation as flooding the rifle with it will eat rubber and and some plastics

when done a lightly oiled patch to prevent rust

have fun
critter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 05:16 PM   #5
Boom Diggity

Default much appreciated.

that is all very good info.
Old 03-09-2016, 12:37 AM   #6
Airgun.Sniper

THe best video Ive seen on how to clean the guns is by Rick Eustler...he does a great job explaining that you got to dissassemble the gun just to clean the barrel. Made my decision in what gun to choose.
Airgun.Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote