Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:

Air Gun Forums » Air Guns » General Air Gun Discussion » When good forums go bad .....

Notices

Old 05-23-2015, 04:22 PM   #21
critter99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezman604 View Post
Not hardly...but everyone is free to an opinion.
We try to keep chat (and the forum) civilized where EVERYONE can feel comfortable there. No power mongers on the forum, but we have to maintain SOME form of control. Otherwise it would become the same as other unmentionable places. And most folks have NO clue what it takes to maintain a forum.
was gonna skip this but....

I was finally banned over a post that told a member......If you must have an FX do not buy directly from AOA moderate their profit by buy from Jim in Michigan and get his fantastic after sale support as well....thats bashing egh??

"Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
Has received multiple warnings from Admins. AoA bashing - Joe B bashing - etc...
This ban is not set to expire."

The Joe B stuff was in Jan 2014 ya sure have laid in wait for an excuse egh

yellow dont seem that hard to deal with now

Last edited by critter99; 05-23-2015 at 04:50 PM..
critter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 04:41 PM   #22
critter99

Quote:
When the chat first opened up it WAS a free for all zone.

joined GTA about in 2010......started to use chat soon after that or when it was 1st opened up....was told it was a free speech zone as late as 2014

Gene and I were and are still on the same page with the forum and chat. Why else would he and Bob ask me to take it over. Hmmm....
Gene agreed that chat needed to be tweaked and even suggested we might do away with it. But he agreed to a few tweaks instead. Like setting an age requirement and not allowing improper content. After all, it IS an extension of the forum and our principles. It represents the forum and it's members.

Management anywhere will always be looked upon as "power mongers" by disruptive folks

all I can say to that is this from your rules "The Forum owner and administrators reserve the right to amend the rules at any time and ban anyone for any reason." sorta of speaks to your viewpoint?? then add the fact ya even over here on a lil forum spouting this sure dont help deep six that view

Or those that just do not agree with policy.
That's fine, like I said, everyone is welcome to an opinion. Even the uninformed.

I am opinionated and stubborn. I am loyal to friends...and make a much better friend than an enemy but I aint no AB ya can bully ....just keep sweepin stuff under the rugs and and lining the pockets of those like AOA by leading the herd to the slaughter

GTA has a foundation built by Gene Curtis and I had his blessing to take his dream and build on it. He agreed with everything we did, we adjusted things together as a team. With almost 14,000 registered members, whatever we do will not please everyone. We do the best we can....but again, most have no clue what that takes. Nor do they care.
I am sure glad I never knew you on AD....and ya so proud of growing membership and banning me .....are you so sure ya have me banned and I am not among your new posters??? IPs are so fluid LOL ....ya might wanna review every single new account since I was banned..,. and since ya have taken time to visit me over here I will be editing more linked photos very soon

Last edited by critter99; 05-24-2015 at 02:40 AM..
Old 05-28-2015, 08:07 AM   #23
grumpy
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyman View Post

Grumpy, Sorry for joining your forum just to raise heat. If you must remove this account I understand, but please atleast do not remove my message. If you leave my account now that I have one I may participate from time to time.
No need to apologize . Enjoy your stay and hope to see you participate. How about showing us some of your toys.

Thanks
Grumpy
grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 04:35 PM   #24
critter99

Exclamation I am not everyman

Quote:
Not hardly...but everyone is free to an opinion.
We try to keep chat (and the forum) civilized where EVERYONE can feel comfortable there. No power mongers on the forum, but we have to maintain SOME form of control. Otherwise it would become the same as other unmentionable places. And most folks have NO clue what it takes to maintain a forum.

I am direct and to the point and you KNOW that so when I say I am NOT EVERYMAN its true

I have no idea whom EVERYMAN is but you really should not IMPLY on GTA that its me ...because simply it is not me
Old 05-29-2015, 06:07 PM   #25
Geoffrey_K
Super Moderator

Default not sure how i missed this thread

I seriously DOUBT the GTA forums rake in serious cash each month. Generally if one breaks the rules they get banned from any forum. Even this forum has a ban stick somewhere, though I don't know where Grumpy keeps it.

* also critter is not everyman unless he is using a PC not at his home

Last edited by Geoffrey_K; 05-29-2015 at 06:12 PM..
Geoffrey_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 10:07 PM   #26
Everyman

You can believe what you like about whether or not GTA brings in money and how much. I trust my source. You don't know me (and probably never will) so I understand if you don't trust what I say. Its ok. Everyman knows.

The rules are not consistently applied on GTA, and often some things are inflated and applied selectively to punish, censor, and bully those with opinions not shared by the management regardless of how well they behave. Everyman has read GTA for many years. Since it was a dot com

I am not critter. I am Everyman. If Ezman implied otherwise he is mistaken, but not the first mistake he has made. Sounds like he has chosen not to be the better man. Its his choice. What he does in his little world is his business, but I personally (me not everyman) would rather he stays there.
Everyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 04:01 PM   #27
Geoffrey_K
Super Moderator

I do not know how much GTA makes each month and to be honest I do not care. It doesn't cost me any money to post there, so no skin off my back. Grumpy has the same opportunity to make money each month. If he were making a boatload would that be a problem ? Heck you could start a board and make the big money they are alleged to generate each month. I am SURE there are perks one gets from vendors and even that doesn't bother me.

Now not applying the rules equally or harassing someone with a valid issue is another thing. Granted it does get annoying to see someone post the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over. I can see eventually that person being told to ease up about it.

To me the bottom line is, not my playground I am just using the swing. ;-)
Geoffrey_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 02:11 AM   #28
critter99

Default Your view

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyman View Post
You can believe what you like about whether or not GTA brings in money and how much. I trust my source. You don't know me (and probably never will) so I understand if you don't trust what I say. Its ok. Everyman knows.

The rules are not consistently applied on GTA, and often some things are inflated and applied selectively to punish, censor, and bully those with opinions not shared by the management regardless of how well they behave. Everyman has read GTA for many years. Since it was a dot com

I am not critter. I am Everyman. If Ezman implied otherwise he is mistaken, but not the first mistake he has made. Sounds like he has chosen not to be the better man. Its his choice. What he does in his little world is his business, but I personally (me not everyman) would rather he stays there.
I am thinkin thats spot on (the bold section)
Old 06-18-2015, 01:09 PM   #29
Sandspike

Default One Soured GTA Member

All I know is that I made a statement about how stupid It is for Californians to dump their water in the ocean in an effort to preserve a smelt (basically a minnow) and I got warned that if I made another post like that, I would get banned for two weeks. I did not make another post at all but I did reply to ezman in a PM. I ask him what he will do when the liberals come to take down his forum? Banned me for two weeks. Now when I go to GTA, it's not the same. I no longer feel the urge to help others. I also no longer find the interesting posts on a daily basis like I used to. Nobody is ever in the Chat room it seems. It's like the people who made the most interesting and helpful posts have all gone away. And it is sad.
Sandspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 04:18 PM   #30
critter99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandspike View Post
All I know is that I made a statement about how stupid It is for Californians to dump their water in the ocean in an effort to preserve a smelt (basically a minnow) and I got warned that if I made another post like that, I would get banned for two weeks. I did not make another post at all but I did reply to ezman in a PM. I ask him what he will do when the liberals come to take down his forum? Banned me for two weeks. Now when I go to GTA, it's not the same. I no longer feel the urge to help others. I also no longer find the interesting posts on a daily basis like I used to. Nobody is ever in the Chat room it seems. It's like the people who made the most interesting and helpful posts have all gone away. And it is sad.
Saw a recent post that was a negative experience by a customer of AOA they were immediately threatened with banning for bashing AOA. Guess ya must not state any negative stuff on anybody or its bashing???

Sorta defeats one of the functions of sharing information

A thread in the PCP section has them doing a hack job to a guys stock to take his money and then sent on his way with an expensive leaking rifle...the guy still likes AOA??? WTF???

Reputable dealer would have told him the stock was defective and skipped the sale and offered to get him a good rifle......NOT AOA....I think they earned their bashing many times over