You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:

Air Gun Forums » Air gun Alley » Germany's finest » Beeman vs. Weihrauch

Notices

Old 11-18-2015, 08:47 PM   #11
jblackfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
The rabbits are horrible pellets. Least in every gun I tried em in. EG's pretty much worked ok in korean guns but not so well in others for me. They are terribly dirty pellets that have a head size thats made for korean barrels.
Well, I changed the order - took the Eun Jin 16.1 gr. outa there and added some Crossman 10.5 gr. and Beeman 11.57 gr. We'll see how it goes. Thanks again.
Old 11-23-2015, 03:04 AM   #12
critter99

Default hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
Well, I changed the order - took the Eun Jin 16.1 gr. outa there and added some Crossman 10.5 gr. and Beeman 11.57 gr. We'll see how it goes. Thanks again.

ya new pellet stash show up yet??
critter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 01:10 PM   #13
jblackfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by critter99 View Post
ya new pellet stash show up yet??
No pellets yet. It's gonna be delayed because one of the items - JSB Exact Monster - is on back order and I chose to ship complete order rather than pay two shipping costs. No idea when it'll show up but probably after Thanksgiving.

What do you think of me putting a scope or red dot on the HW90? Would it be too rough (vibration) on that sort of thing? I think reviews of the gun say they're rough on optics.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:45 AM   #14
critter99

Default Hw90

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
No pellets yet. It's gonna be delayed because one of the items - JSB Exact Monster - is on back order and I chose to ship complete order rather than pay two shipping costs. No idea when it'll show up but probably after Thanksgiving.

What do you think of me putting a scope or red dot on the HW90? Would it be too rough (vibration) on that sort of thing? I think reviews of the gun say they're rough on optics.

HW90 needs a good scope mount and springer rated scope 4 sure... I like BKL260-D7 droop mounts for 1 inch scopes and a Modified RWS lockdown droop mount with extra clamp screws added and no recoil stop pins used ...see the extra clamp screws??

http://new-cdn.pyramydair.com/images..._d_200x150.jpg

http://www.pyramydair.com/m/RWS-Acce.../page_1/cat_51

I also line the rings with this tape to stop slippage

Sportsmatch also makes a Dampa Mount thats is for high power springers ...its sorta pricey

http://www.precisionairgunsandsuppli...pamount-2T.gif

http://www.precisionairgunsandsuppli...theodampamount

quality drooped mount and a good scope kept in center 1/3 of both adjustment ranges and a Ram not over filled for max power and ya will be fine

Last edited by critter99; 11-24-2015 at 02:11 AM..
Old 11-24-2015, 01:05 PM   #15
jblackfish

Thanks a million for the info, Critter. I really appreciate the specific references. I'm going to look into this soon - this gun could really benefit from a scope. I've got a birthday coming up and Christmas too - maybe I can work in the mounting hardware and scope.

UPDATE: I just noticed that the Theoben Dampa Mount shows 'no longer available" - http://www.precisionairgunsandsuppli...theodampamount - that sounds like a permanent statement rather than a temporary situation to me.

Last edited by jblackfish; 11-24-2015 at 01:08 PM..
jblackfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 03:00 PM   #16
critter99

http://www.sportsmatch-uk.com/1-diam...t-arrestor-pin

they still make them just hard to find in US right now
Old 11-24-2015, 03:52 PM   #17
jblackfish

Quote:
http://www.sportsmatch-uk.com/1-diam...t-arrestor-pin

they still make them just hard to find in US right now
I see. Looks like the DM60 is the one for me to look for - I compared the pic on the Precision Air Guns with the Sportsmatch (UK) site to and they look the same. I'm going to try for that one assuming it's the better choice than the RMS one on Pyramyd.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:37 PM   #18
critter99

my friend has a .20 cal RX2 (same as HW90) he was the pne that originated the modified RWS lockdown for usage with no stop pins and 30MM dia scope tube ...

I might add he is a ME type by profession so I trust his choices on clamping forces increases with extra screws
Old 11-24-2015, 05:09 PM   #19
jblackfish

Quote:
my friend has a .20 cal RX2 (same as HW90) he was the pne that originated the modified RWS lockdown for usage with no stop pins and 30MM dia scope tube ...

I might add he is a ME type by profession so I trust his choices on clamping forces increases with extra screws
I've ordered the RWS mount. I can put it on my R7 if I don't want to use it on my HW90 and the price is easy enough on the budget that it's worth trying - I even got a little discount (if you can call 10% a discount.) A buck's a buck I guess - thanks for the extra info - you sold me.

Last edited by jblackfish; 11-24-2015 at 07:55 PM..
jblackfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 09:50 PM   #20
jblackfish

Critter, I've gotten the RWS mount for my HW90 as well as some heavier pellets - 10+ to 13+ grains. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to get out and shoot and I really can't shoot much here at home. I haven't even mounted the scope mount yet, much less put a scope on it but I probably will soon.

I'm thinking of ordering one of the connectors and a pump so that if I let out to much pressure I can get it back up to pressure. I do have a chronograph so I can measure the pressure by using that before I start tinkering.

The question that I have is, do you have any advice or thoughts BEFORE I order this stuff? I'm trying not to jump the gun or go too fast on this one. I'm thinking of ordering this - http://www.bestfittings.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=638 - and be done with it. It's pricey but then so was the gun and I'm in no particular hurry at this point. Whaddaya think?