Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:

Air Gun Forums » Air Guns » General Air Gun Discussion » When good forums go bad .....

Notices

Old 03-22-2015, 07:51 PM   #1
critter99

Default When good forums go bad .....

What goes around comes around what they despised and left they have become and nobody wants to see it.

Power hungry censors who just wanna apply rules for sake of BEING IN CHARGE. Lets coddle some really nasty dealers in the name of the "RULES". The truth gets swept under the rug and more people get screwed over and the dealer smiles all the way to to bank.

Don't upset the shills......they are so obvious to spot

if you are offended by a post skip it don't read it...how hard is that?? Nope they run to mods ....please Mr. Mod somebody has a view I (and my masters) don't agree with please censor or ban them

Their rules are now a farce:

This one is only if it don't offend the shills

2- Please have respect for differences in opinions with your fellow GTA members on your forums. After all, the forum is all about opinions

When did they admend the rules with a disclaimer "I do what I want the rest of stuff above is only rules when I feel like it"

Rules for you not us

FIN DOUBLE TALK

"Those that habitually disregard these rules may be banned from the GTA forums. The Forum owner and administrators reserve the right to amend the rules at any time and ban anyone for any reason."

Hope that brings many more into this forum
critter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 11:01 PM   #2
Bob La Londe

Heck. I couldn't even get a good explanation of how the rules applied sometimes. I got yelled at a couple times, and asked exactly how what I did was a violation, and was basically told they didn't have to bother explaining it, and if I did it again I would get banned. Heck they even blocked my IP address. I have to use a proxy to read it when I am doing research on something. A friend of mine told me he got warned for posting his opinion as his opinion and then backing it up with facts. Researchable provable facts. I told him to do what I should have done. Say. "Yessum Massah!" and then just don't contribute anything. They can't take offense if you keep your opinions (or your facts) to yourself.

That being said, whether we agree or not GTA is the biggest most popular airgun forum on the web. Maybe they do that by banning all dissenters so it seems like a peaceful community on the surface. I suppose from their perspective it doesn't matter. They are the biggest airgun forum on the web.

I read several others and most of them have a few new posts per day. GTA has several new posts per hour.

All I have to say to any mods or admins from GTA that might read this is. NPs still suck! LOL.

Grumpy, sorry for the language. Its kind of an inside joke. I used to pop in the chat at GTA every day or so and say, "NPs suck! But maybe not as much as they did yesterday."

Last edited by Bob La Londe; 03-22-2015 at 11:10 PM..
Bob La Londe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 07:56 PM   #3
critter99

now telling the truth is stirring the pot WTF

AOA MUST ONLY BE REFERED TO IN POSITIVE MANNERS TO APPEASE THE SHILLSS
Old 03-23-2015, 08:34 PM   #4
grumpy
Administrator

Screw AOA and the horse they rode in on...
grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 02:57 AM   #5
critter99

well that all done ......got banned outta GTA for saying buy from Jim and Nancy if you must have a FX

They said I was bashing AOA because I was pushing it as a way to moderate AOA profit and to protect buyers with Jims great customer service

Hopefully GTA will run a global command and delete anything I ever posted there I know it can be done. I can always go edit every picture I ever posted

Last edited by critter99; 03-27-2015 at 07:45 PM.. Reason: clean up
Old 03-26-2015, 10:54 AM   #6
ShakySarge

Angry Wtf!!!!

Invalid point, message retracted.

Last edited by ShakySarge; 04-13-2015 at 07:12 PM.. Reason: null and void
ShakySarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 04:53 PM   #7
critter99

Default Hate to see you lose the GTA access over me

I know you enjoy it so don't lose access over my conflict

Last edited by critter99; 04-05-2015 at 08:20 AM..
Old 03-27-2015, 12:42 AM   #8
critter99

Default This should be loved what ya think ???

the truth about yellow JR

Last edited by critter99; 03-27-2015 at 07:29 PM.. Reason: updated picture
Old 03-27-2015, 12:55 AM   #9
grumpy
Administrator

WOW that is a bunch of shit !!! Cannot believe they did that to you.
grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 09:08 PM   #10
Bob La Londe

LOL. That's funny. I wouldn't have challenged them to delete all your posts though. I would have left them so people might wonder why you aren't there anymore.

I know they deleted all of Chevota's posts when they banned him. Claimed he was giving dangerous advice. I read his huge collection of tips and photos. Some of it is not the approach I would take, but none of it is what I would class as dangerous. What he was doing was educating people about how to fix problems with their springers on the cheap. Solutions that didn't involve buying parts from the mods over there. WHat's really funny is if you do a search for his name he still lives on at GTA in about 100 or more quotes by other people. I suppose now they will do a word censor on his name. LOL.

(Ok, I think Chevota's comments on oils might be a little dangerous in some contexts.)
Bob La Londe is offline   Reply With Quote