currently browsing forums.
You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:

Air Gun Forums » Air gun Alley » Germany's finest » Beeman vs. Weihrauch

Notices

Old 11-16-2015, 04:54 PM   #1
jblackfish

Default Beeman vs. Weihrauch

I thought I read somewhere that the Weihrauch HW90 is the same gun as the Beeman RX-2 and, to look at the specs, it appears that that is true. Another interesting (Beeman) gun is that the Beeman P17 appears to simply be a cheap version of the Beeman P3. Anyone have an additional info on Beeman and who makes their guns? I've been a fan of Beeman for a while - I own the P3 and the R7 in .20 cal.

I recently bought the Wiehrauch HW90 instead of the RX-2. The Rx-2 has a nicer stock but I wasn't interested in paying an additional $200 for the wood or the name after what I read. All I wanted was a more powerful rifle than the R7...and it IS! Also not used to the 46 lb. cocking effort but I'll get used to that.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:28 PM   #2
critter99

Default RX2 and HW 90

biggest difference is the HW version does not have the laminate stock which can be good as its heavier stock and lets face it the HW90 don't need more heft tom carry around. I think you will find out a slight detune of the ram in the HW90 will make scopes and life in general with the HW 90 much easier.

What cal did ya get in the 90??
critter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 12:30 AM   #3
jblackfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by critter99 View Post
biggest difference is the HW version does not have the laminate stock which can be good as its heavier stock and lets face it the HW90 don't need more heft tom carry around. I think you will find out a slight detune of the ram in the HW90 will make scopes and life in general with the HW 90 much easier.

What cal did ya get in the 90??
I got a .177 although a 20 or 22 would have been fine. After shooting a few rounds thru it I can see how a scope would help my shooting accuracy. This gun is the most powerful I've experienced.
Old 11-17-2015, 04:21 AM   #4
critter99

that's huge power plant for a .177 hope ya found some heavy .177 to use
Old 11-17-2015, 01:22 PM   #5
jblackfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by critter99 View Post
that's huge power plant for a .177 ........
It is THAT, Critter! I don't have any heavy pellets yet but I'll put some in my next order if they're available. I shot targets with some of the 7.5 gr. pellets that I had on hand - they were lightning fast, accurate and shot a hole through my 3/8" plywood back stop. (I had an old phone book behind that so the rounds "didn't get away from me."

You mentioned "detune of the ram" in your previous post. Is it possible to do that with a gas piston gun? Any help on how if I wanted to do that?
Old 11-17-2015, 03:04 PM   #6
critter99

Default HW90 has a fill plug for ram .....dont shoots lights

STOP shooting light pellets you will overheat and ruin the seal

unless you lower the power via lower ram pressures the HW90 is too much power and will break scopes, melt piston seals and generally eat it self shooting light pellets at full power and pressure on ram

you need a shock pump and a fill fitting to refill the ram if you lower it too much

http://www.bestfittings.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=638

http://www.bestfittings.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=634

example but its entire ram fill kit

if ya can find a fill probe a shock pump can be set up to fill HW90

http://www.bestfittings.co.uk/images...01_ALT1LRG.jpg

US source for fill fitting

https://www.rapidairweapons.com/xcar...cat=255&page=1

https://www.rapidairweapons.com/xcar...ype=P&id=17629

Last edited by critter99; 11-17-2015 at 03:08 PM..
Old 11-17-2015, 06:35 PM   #7
jblackfish

Critter99: "................hope ya found some heavy .177 to use"

I think I'm catching on to the potential mess I have on my hands. Thanks for taking the time to post that info for me.

Since you mentioned the above, if I shoot heavier pellets can I get by with not having to go through lowering the gas pressure? For example, I've found some H&N Magnum Rabbit II pellets that are 15.74 grains - would that keep me safe from having my gun " relatively eat itself?"

Last edited by jblackfish; 11-17-2015 at 09:41 PM..
jblackfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:35 PM   #8
critter99

Default yes but ...

[QUOTE=jblackfish;1200]Critter99: "................hope ya found some heavy .177 to use"

I think I'm catching on to the potential mess I have on my hands. Thanks for taking the time to post that info for me.

Since you mentioned the above, if I shoot heavier pellets can I get by with not having to go through lowering the gas pressure? For example, I've found some H&N Magnum Rabbit II pellets that are 15.74 grains - would that keep me safe from having my gun " relatively eat itself?"[/QUOTE

never heard anybody getting any good groups outta them pellets they worth a try your barrel mlight just like em

HN and Crosman makes some 10.something grain .177 i would shoot nothing lighter than them ina full power HW90
Old 11-18-2015, 01:56 PM   #9
jblackfish

[QUOTE=critter99;1202]................
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
Critter99: "................I've found some H&N Magnum Rabbit II pellets that are 15.74 grains - would that keep me safe from having my gun " relatively eat itself?"

never heard anybody getting any good groups outta them pellets they worth a try your barrel mlight just like em

HN and Crosman makes some 10.something grain .177 i would shoot nothing lighter than them ina full power HW90
Thanks a million for all your help and advice, Critter. I really appreciate it! FYI, I'm going to order two pellets to try: the Eun Jin 16.1 gr. and the JSB Exact Monster 13.4 gr - the JSB is back ordered so it may be a while before I get the order. (I decided not to order the H&N Magnum - they got bad reviews for being too large and hard to fit in the chamber.)
Old 11-18-2015, 06:56 PM   #10
grumpy
Administrator

The rabbits are horrible pellets. Least in every gun I tried em in. EG's pretty much worked ok in korean guns but not so well in others for me. They are terribly dirty pellets that have a head size thats made for korean barrels.
grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote