currently browsing forums.
You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:

Air Gun Forums » Events » Fishing » The Tin Can Saves the Day - Twice

Notices

Old 07-17-2017, 04:03 PM   #1
Bob La Londe

Default The Tin Can Saves the Day - Twice

Got an invite to fish with Mike Meza yesterday. We got a bit of a slow start with the sun peaking over the horizon as we started on our first spot. It was a bit of a dead spot. On our second spot we caught a couple dinks, and then we lost a trolling motor cable. Just for the heck of it we decided to finish out the best spots on the spot without the trolling motor. As you may recall I'm not a quitter. Turns out Mike isn't either. The Club-O produced while we were putting it into positions to fish with the big motor.

We decided to take Mike's boat back to the shop and grab The Tin Can. It did good until... a plastic cable pulley failed. Turns out its the only motor I hadn't changed out all the pulleys to the newer stainless steel type. As I recall it wouldn't fit on this older style pedal. I guess I'll be making one that does in the shop today.

Back to the shop. I have a spare 82lb trolling motor and it didn't take us long to swap them out, but I couldn't find the screws to hold the pedal in place. They turned out to be in my pocket.

Back out again. LOL. No major mechanical problems, a decent flip fish on Superior Bump Hog, a nice little stretch with several Club-O fish, and finishing up with some slow, but fun topwater fish and we finished the day well after sunset.

Sadly I forgot my hat so all those great glamour shots show is a cattle feeder manufacturer hat I borrowed from Mike instead of CNC Molds N Stuff. LOL.

I had a great day. Its been a long long time since I fished all day long like that. I thought I'd sleep in, but I feel good this morning. Maybe I need to do that more often.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1c.jpg
Views:	2147
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	162   Click image for larger version

Name:	1a.jpg
Views:	2128
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	163   Click image for larger version

Name:	1b.jpg
Views:	2166