Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:

Air Gun Forums » Air Guns Reviews » Air Guns and accessory reviews » Stoeger X20 Review

Notices

Old 03-22-2012, 10:04 AM   #11
grumpy
Administrator

Looking forward to your full report sir
grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:46 PM   #12
Jim Eck

It arrived! To me it is a very nice looking airgun, the gun dealer that I ordered it through is now going to start stocking them he was so impressed with it for the money.

I took it Saturday to work on sighting it in, I only have maybe 30 rounds through it so far, it is still a little loud, you can see smoke from the oil in the barrel still. When I first stated it shot to the right but about the correct elevation, it fook a few shots to bring it over to the left, from there on I was easily putting the shots into a 2 inch circle at roughly 25 yards, good enough for squirrels in my trees, the gun is more than likely capable of better than i am able to shoot, I am not the steadiest guy around and not using a bench rest I was quit happy. When I will be using this gun for my intended purpose I won't have the luxury of a bench rest then either.

Jim
Jim Eck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #13
grumpy
Administrator

Hi Jim,

Try cleaning some of the mystery oil from the barrel. New guns are usually gunked up with this stuff causing dieseling. Looking forward to hearing more about it.

Dave
Old 04-03-2012, 05:04 PM   #14
Jim Eck

I kind of figured as much, even at that it isn't doing badly, there is enough oil to smoke when shot. lol A far cry better than the Whisper I had bought.

Jim
Old 04-10-2012, 11:21 PM   #15
grumpy
Administrator

Sorry I dropped the Ball Jim. So how are you enjoying the X20 ? Did it stop dieseling ?

Dave
Old 04-11-2012, 11:57 AM   #16
Jim Eck

I didn't take it with me last week when I went to mow. So far I really like it, it is well made and has a really nice feel to it. I can't shoot for fun at home but feel that it is now close enough to use if needed far more accurate than the Whisper, and it will get better with time.

I need to take some pictures and get them posted.

Jim