Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:

Air Gun Forums » Air gun Alley » Crosman, Benjamin, Sheridan » Discovery tranfer port fit???

Notices

Old 10-26-2013, 05:40 PM   #1
dpatrick

Default Discovery tranfer port fit???

Hello all. Newbie here, I am really enjoying a Benjamin Disco. I just put a BNM kit with shroud on the Disco and am really happy but a little worried about the transfer port (tube). the BNM package shows excellent craftsmanship with one possible exception, the transfer port is a little rough but that may be without consequence... I don't know. The transfer port (tube) stops when inserting into the breech block at a point where it barely extends beyond the top (barrel side) of the block so that it really isn't making full contact with the barrel. Is this critical? Should this tube fit tight to the port on the underside of the barrel? And it seems to me that there should be a seal but I don't think one is provided at the factory so I guess it's not needed. Thanks.
dpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:31 PM   #2
grumpy
Administrator

Hii and welcome aboard. Sounds like you may have a burr on the transfer port. I would write BNM and see what sergio has to say.
grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #3
dpatrick

I have contacted BNM without response. I have learned though, that this condition is common, and probably normal. Seems kind of weird to me, but as long as the Disco keeps performing well I'm not going to worry about it. Great site by the way!
dpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote