Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:

Air Gun Forums » Air gun Alley » Crosman, Benjamin, Sheridan » Three Hole Borers GONE!

Notices

Old 04-22-2015, 01:37 AM   #1
Bob La Londe

Default Three Hole Borers GONE!

MY son and I were working on the garden a bit when I spotted a gopher running down the fence line. While I was pointing it out my son spotted another one right at the fence line.

I'm gonna have to get me some new cats.

Anyway I told my son to keep an eye on them while I went to the shop to grab a pellet gun. The .177 Marauder was showing about 1800 PSI below the regulator. Since its regulated to 1950 I filled it some from my little bottle first. One gopher eyeballed me while I snuck up on him from behind a pile of bricks. I got a nice setup at about 35 yards. I knew the wind was going to throw me a bit. I got him through the body on the third shot, and finished him with a clean head shot on the 4th. Then I started scanning the fence line for the other one. Second shot thru the body. Third shot clean in one eye and out the other at about 45 yards. The wind was mostly in my face for both of those shots, but I was still pretty surprised with how close to the aim point they hit.

While we were standing there talking I saw another one stand up and taunt me from about 80-85 yards. I knew I didn't have much chance at that distance with the wind so I sent the kid for, my shooting stick as I worked my way up on him around some tree trimmings I haven't mulched yet.

I adjusted the stick for a kneeling position and set up behind a branch. I actually took the time to use my focus and it agreed with me. That gopher was a hair over 40 yards. Shouldn't be to hard, but the wind was at almost exactly 90 degrees to the shot. I was four inches left, but if the dust cloud is any indicator I was head high on him. He ducked as I fired my second shot and I missed dead center and high. I relaxed and waited. I squeezed off, heard nice thwack over the sound of the wind and he disappeared. I knelt there for about ten minutes watching and he never popped back up.

Three down. Nine million eight hundred forty seven thousand three hundred twenty six to go.

Last edited by Bob La Londe; 04-25-2015 at 06:37 PM..
Bob La Londe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:38 PM   #2
Bob La Londe

No more gophers have popped up in the back, but there seem to be a couple in the front where I can't shoot safely. Time to get out the traps.