currently browsing forums.
You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:

Air Gun Forums » Announcements » New Members Intro Forum » Hi from Chicago

Notices

Old 11-24-2011, 12:09 PM   #1
Smaug

Default Hi from Chicago

It seems I'm one of the original members. I'll be able to look back 10 years from now and brag about it, hehehe.

My name's Jeremy, and I go by 'Smaug' on these fora. I'm also a member at the Crosman Air Pistol Owners forum and the yellow. I got banned from GTA because an admin decided he didn't like me.

I casually mentioned that I'd like to find a general airgunning forum with a nice format, and grumpy obliged by posting up about this one. I felt good about joining it because I've seen grumpy on at least two of the aforementioned fora.

I started off airgunning as a kid, probably like many of us. My dad had a Daisy 880 that my brother and I shot in the basement, but I think he only had it for a short while. We were young, so only used it while supervised.

Later, when I was about 13, I got my own Crosman 760 Pumpmaster. I sent THOUSANDS of BBs downrange with that gun, and drilled a good many birds too. That came to a halt when some kid told his parents I'd been shooting at geese, and the game wardens were there shortly to cite me for "hunting out of season." $100 fine is a lot for a 13 year old, so that was the end of my airgunning career for a while.

When I turned 21, I gradually started buying guns. I have about 20 now.
Here's a YouTube video of my gun collection. I need to get one going for my airgun collection soon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoQu0aX4fl4

But you know what? They're expensive to shoot, and highly regulated. Noisy and dirty too. I still like them, but I do about 95% of my shooting these days with airguns. I like that I can shoot them indoors, down the hall for 10 yards or 10 m. I'd like to get into hunting with them one day.

My airgun collection now consists of:
  • .177 Stoeger X20 (break-barrel springer, 14 FPE)
  • Crosman 66 "Powermaster" (my brother's childhood pump gun)
  • Daisy 953 (single pump pneumatic target rifle, .177. 420 fps w/ 7 gr. wadcutters)
  • Daisy 747 (single pump pneumatic pistol, .177 single pump, 350 fps w/ 7 gr.)
  • Daisy 1200 (CO2 BB repeater, not a mock-up of anything else)
  • .177 Benjamin Marauder (quiet pre-charged pneumatic rifle)
  • Crosman 1701P (.177 PCP target pistol)
  • Crosman 1377 "American Classic" (.177 multi-pump pneumatic pistol)
  • Crosman 2300T (.177 CO2 target pistol, 520 fps w/ 7 gr.)
  • Archer QB78 custom, on the way (.177 CO2 pellet rifle)

I'm thinking about a Beeman R7 some day; we'll see. Maybe I'll sell the X20 to make room for it...

Glad to meet you all.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:30 PM   #2
grumpy
Administrator

Thanks for the intro. I am also a native Chicagoan but I'll cover that in my own intro. I always like to read your reviews Jeremy. They are well written and great pictures. Still considering a 953 for my youngest daughter based on your findings.

I find it much easier to leave bad feelings about another site behind. Carrying that stuff around did nothing but raise my blood pressure.

I want to welcome you here for as long as you like sir. Sure were small but we'll grow. Fast growth is a bad thing. A nice slow steady growth allow everyone to get to know each other and create a community rather then a bulletin board. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Dave
grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 04:47 PM   #3
Smaug

You're right of course, about holding the grudge. Maybe you can troll some of the better members from GTA and have them come over here?
Old 11-24-2011, 07:59 PM   #4
grumpy
Administrator

Not really looking to do that. It usually gets ya banned. If they want, they will find their way here, along with many others. Its all in how you set up your site to the search engines and I'm pretty good at that. Course word of mouth by our members could not hurt
grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 07:15 PM   #5
Jward681

Smaug welcome from another native of the great state of confusion...I mean IL. I'm out in the Plainfield area myself.

Look forward to learning what I can from you and contributing where I cam.
Jward681 is offline   Reply With Quote