currently browsing forums.
You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:

Air Gun Forums » Air gun Alley » United Kingdom made » Aa s400 mpr ft

Notices

Old 04-30-2015, 01:17 AM   #1
Rdsail

Default Aa s400 mpr ft .177

I ordered it from Precision Airgun And Supplies. It came in yesterday. I have to say it is a beautiful gun. The blueing is flawless. The stock is poplar but it looks great, Like if it was walnut.

A few pictures. I took them with my phone so they are not the greatest.

Now for the mods:

Last night I took the trigger apart and polished all the components. Added a guide for the trigger weight spring and cutter the spring some. Adjusted to my liking but I'll fine tune once I start shooting. Sorry no pictures

I made a wind indicator that attaches to the air tube. I used aluminum tubing from lowes.

I'm waiting for the scope rings to come in. I'll be using a Mueller 8-32x44. This scope's glass is extremely clear. I have an elevation knob with it. I'll have to do the tape with all the click for the different distances.

I designed a scope wheel for it It will be 3D printed. I found a local place to printed for me for $40. The places online wanted $50-$80.

If you want look at it in more detail click here http://shpws.me/tvGq

Once The scope rings come in I'll zero it and tune it to shot JSB 8.44 around 780-800fps. That will keep it right under 12lbs.

Items that are coming: But pad extensions, Palm Rest, Sports match rings with elevation adjustment and tons of pellets.

Last edited by Rdsail; 04-30-2015 at 06:04 PM..
Rdsail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 01:19 AM   #2
Rdsail

I took some shots through the crony. This gun does not shot well but it shots like a regulated gun. I'm using JSB 8.4s the first few shots I took were around 745 fpes. I adjusted the power adjuster ½ turn out and it landed right around 785 average. I proceeded to take 25 shots through the chrony.

Low: 784
high: 793
average: 787
ES: 9
SD: 2-3 between shots

Just want to mention that this is in stock form. you can see how the fps increase very slowly. Once I get the scope I'll run a full string and see how full curve.

I few more pictures with the scope I also moved the wind indicator to the air stripper. I was worried it was going to scratch the air tube. I was going to zero the scope at 25yards but the weather in not cooperating.

The scope height ended up being 1.9 inches.

Additions: Sports Match Adjustable mounts, butt pads spacers, and Palm Rest. The only thing left is going to be the scope wheel which should print over the weekend.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:20 AM   #3
Rdsail

Today I zeroed the scope at 25 yards. It makes amazing groups effortlessly. Stacking the pellets.

I have some numbers to show of:

the string I took was of 110 shots although the tables I'll shot later only show 100 shots. My spread sheet maxes at 100.

The numbers for the 110 shot string where:
Fill: 2800-1560
Number of shots: 110
Average FPE: 785
high: 795
low: 759
ES: 36 (4.5%)

Now Here is the analysis of of the first 100 shots.

Click to view larger

Based on the numbers, I will shot from 2600 psi (180bar) down to to 1850 (125 bar) This will give me 70 shots under 2% spread

A few groups: All from 25 yards @ 789 fps (Average)
All groups of five.