There are users
currently browsing forums.
You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:

Air Gun Forums » Air gun Alley » Chinese guns » FDPCP explosion

Notices

Old 11-08-2015, 11:12 PM   #21
HimRoid

It seams GTA wants to investigate further, however it will be up to the owner of jacked up rifles, if they want to PAY for the fix,BS. These rifles were defective from the start and MM made the new comp tube and installed it. Anyone that bought one of these rifles should be able to get a REFUND. MM and GTA lied to everyone from the start, that's the bottom line. As usual they want to protect their vendors over there.
HimRoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 11:39 PM   #22
HimRoid

It has been said that these are rifles that did not meet specs, and were stored, for being defective. MM got them and added a new comp tube, for HPA purpose. He put them together and sold them to the public. He is responsible for what he sells, period. I've said for many years he's a jack leg looking for a quick $$$. Looks like it has caught up with him.
Anyone who has a rifle from me is very pleased. Matter of fact Manny, considers his hunter sport one of his favorites, now that he gave up PCP's.
Old 11-08-2015, 11:59 PM   #23
HimRoid

I guess there's a GTA mod here, since the thread got revived there. That's a good thing to happen, since it brings to light how things are done on some forums. Also brings back up the fact that everybody should quit using these defective AG's.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:35 AM   #24
critter99

Default they are not worth the risk

I didn't like the design with C02 .....MM is not a company so forget the recall just scrap em and write off the $150 bucks. Heck what is $150 a pellet order?? Even the smallest injury if one fails will run into BIG BUCKS
MM never made much on any of his stuff so forget about him being able to afford to eat the costs of any of this

Last edited by critter99; 11-09-2015 at 01:45 AM..
critter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:37 PM   #25
grumpy
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimRoid View Post
I don't think the truth will ever come out, especially from the GTA. The issue has to due with defective merchandise that MM, bought to make a fast buck. One of the reasons he has no commit on the issue. I apologize if that's out of line, but I call them as is.
We don't censor you over here. But I will say I may not completely agree with your views. Doubt we will ever find out the reason it exploded, but do hope it does not happen to anyone else.

My wife still gets choked up thinking about how close that tube came to taking her head off. We are talking about it being so close it brushed her hair

Still get a kick out of those who pointed fingers at me saying it was my fault. Hardly is all I'll say. The gun was filled within its recomended spec. It failed plain and simple. Why ? Hell if I know, but there will NEVER be another china pcp in my house...
grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 06:03 PM   #26
Geoffrey_K
Super Moderator

I am SO happy to hear Nancy did not get injured !
Geoffrey_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:11 AM   #27
Ohitr

Gun has two points,be careful to use it.
Ohitr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 01:49 AM   #28
HimRoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey_K View Post
I am SO happy to hear Nancy did not get injured !
I am glad nobody got hurt, could have been very BAD. I hope everyone quits using these rifles, so hopefully nobody will. I personally got screwed on several of these POS's. MM wouldn't even replace a bad barrel band.
Old 01-01-2016, 04:07 PM   #29
Bob La Londe

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
We don't censor you over here. But I will say I may not completely agree with your views. Doubt we will ever find out the reason it exploded, but do hope it does not happen to anyone else.

My wife still gets choked up thinking about how close that tube came to taking her head off. We are talking about it being so close it brushed her hair

Still get a kick out of those who pointed fingers at me saying it was my fault. Hardly is all I'll say. The gun was filled within its recomended spec. It failed plain and simple. Why ? Hell if I know, but there will NEVER be another china pcp in my house...
I don't have one of those mod jobs, but I do have a B50 177 and I think its pretty well made. It will out shoot my Marauder 177. The Marauder does gets more use being a repeater and now regulated. Both are deadly at 25 yards. At 50 yards the B50 start to show its better accuracy and at 68 yards its a toss up because the B50 is unregulated. Someday I'll drop a regulator in the B50 and see if it continues to be better out to 60-90 yards.

68 yards is the distance to my side fence, and its about 100 yards from the corner of my shop to the left back corner and 120 to the right. 94 yards is the longest range I've made a kill with the 177 Marauder.The regulator on the Marauder does a good job of maintaining shot speed so it helps at longer range shots, although the curve in the B50 is very smooth.

I do have to admit the o-rings in the B50 are like most Chinese import o-rings. Ok, but short life span.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:50 PM   #30
PakProtector

An update...the male threads on the air tube were out of spec. The major diameter( measured over the top of the threads) was well undersize. No way to measure pitch dia, but it was obvious that too much material was removed; the tops of the threads was much wider than it should be.
cheers,
Douglas
PakProtector is offline   Reply With Quote