currently browsing forums.
You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:

Air Gun Forums » Air gun Alley » Turkish blend » Problem with new Hatsan AT-P2

Notices

Old 05-29-2015, 08:45 PM   #1
ASCUSN

Default Problem with new Hatsan AT-P2

Has anyone had problems with Hatsan Magazines not rotating when the gun is cocked? I can rotate it by hand while it is in half cock but it does not move at all during cocking. Ask Hatsan but all I got from them was to ship it back for repair or replacement. Not sure I want to do that. First if they determine that the problem is not a factory defect I can be charged. Second this is my 3rd Hatsan gun and Two of the three have been received defective. The first was a AT44PA that was received with a defective air cylinder. The hole for the Charge probe had been machined wrong and the gun could not be charged. Air just blew out around the probe. So anyone got any ideas on what I could look for with the magazine problem? I am good with my hands. No experience repairing air guns but lots with mechanical and pneumatics in machinery.

Last edited by ASCUSN; 06-03-2015 at 08:54 PM..
ASCUSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 02:36 AM   #2
ASCUSN

Default Have the gun set up & sighted in

I have been to the range more than a few times with the AT- P2. Have a Center Point scope model #72004 mounted on it and it shoots great! I am now shooting targets 1" square, 25 per 8 X 11 page (available at www.airtanksforsale.com) and have scored 22+ on my last 10 targets at 50 yards. This is using the stock attachment and shooting from a bench but no barrel rest. Still have to move the magazine by hand each time it is cocked, but it shoots sweet! Shooting JSB Kings 35 mg pellets.
ASCUSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:45 PM   #3
Everyman

Hatsan USA has always been hit or miss for customer service. They make some really great guns, but when you get a lemon you are kind of in the wind. If they will replace it I would just send it to them. If its under warranty they should replace or repair it at their cost. If its not then find an airgun smith to do it, or tear it down and learn to do basic smithing on your own guns.

I have a couple Hatsans, but to be frank if I wasn't comfortable working on my own guns I might think twice about them. So far I haven't "needed" to do much on mine.
Everyman is offline   Reply With Quote