Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:

Air Gun Forums » Air Guns » General Air Gun Discussion » When good forums go bad .....

Notices

Old 01-08-2017, 10:45 PM   #41
Clifford

Exactly Bob. By leaving the thread open from the start it would lead you to believe you were allowed to discuss what was said and ask questions. Would have been much better off for Travis in the long run to post his true motivations just to get out with it and move on.
Clifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 10:46 PM   #42
Bob La Londe

I guess I should have asked for a clear definition of bashing, and if it included truthful reactionary posts.
Old 01-09-2017, 02:06 AM   #43
critter99

I hate fact that everything has to be being nice to questionable dealers and questionable forums ,,,,why are we so fin hung up on fairness or is it no power in reality so they the bad azz forum managers. Really if it was let to go rogue what would happen?? Talon groups seems to be doing fine with little to no moderation. Is the left coast that different ???
critter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:54 PM   #44
wilsonj1018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
I just got banned from the guild for asking about Travis's motivation behind the thread. Bob Sterne sent me a PM warning basically saying I will face a vacation from the guild like I did on GTA if I didn't stop. I replied that I never took a forced vacation from GTA and Travis started the thread and therefore should expect some responses and questions.

Travis openly stated in the thread that he does not have to explain anything, so it looks like the guild will continue to be heavily influenced by GTA and he will hide his true motivation as needed.
you got fucking banned? wtf???
wilsonj1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 01:03 AM   #45
Clifford

Yeah, read through the thread over there and it will make more sense. Rsterne also assumed I was banned from GTA which I told him in PM was false.
Clifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:39 PM   #46
grumpy
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
Yeah, read through the thread over there and it will make more sense. Rsterne also assumed I was banned from GTA which I told him in PM was false.
Sorry to hear bud. Well you know where to find me
grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 01:04 AM   #47
bigredhunter

Default heres my response

so here is my response to the whole when good forums go bad.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	red7.jpg
Views:	36290
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	80  
bigredhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 03:13 PM   #48
BigTinBoat

Kinda funny how the below quotes (and many other from this thread) ring with the same tone.

I found this place after I was warned on the GTA about my posting. When I reported a post to a moderator that one of their "Sanctioned Vendors" was violating their rules I did NOT ask that the post be removed, I asked if other vendors would be afforded the same posting. I was just trying to be sure all vender would be treated equally, but I was sent a PM about how this vendor "needed to make money", and that my "opinion" was not express by anyone else and I should "stay away and not post".

I then decided that since my posts were no longer wanted I would delete them. I deleted a few and then the next morning I get a message saying that I no longer had any posting or PM rights and my "ban" was not set to expire. Banned? for deleting my own posts? Didn't see that anywhere in the rules.

I stopped going there, but frequent other forums. I see a post on AGN with a question about WAR rifles. I post my HONEST first hand experience with the Flex that I had. I posted a few of the guns short comings, but in NO WAY bashed the gun. I just compared the gun to the other gun the OP was considering.

Here is the thread:
http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/warp-22/

The thread started off just about the WARP, but then the OP mentioned that the Mutant was also on his list of consideration so I gave him a comparison of the Flex to my Mutant.

Then a day after the thread dies I go to AGG and guess what message I get..........
Quote:
Sorry BigTinBoat, you are banned from using this forum!
repeated attacks at forum owner and moderators.
This ban is not set to expire.
So much for "The forum with no secrets"

Quote:
Originally Posted by critter99 View Post

"Those that habitually disregard these rules may be banned from the GTA forums. The Forum owner and administrators reserve the right to amend the rules at any time and ban anyone for any reason."

Hope that brings many more into this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob La Londe View Post
Heck they even blocked my IP address. I have to use a proxy to read it when I am doing research on something. A friend of mine told me he got warned for posting his opinion as his opinion and then backing it up with facts. Researchable provable facts. I told him to do what I should have done. Say. "Yessum Massah!" and then just don't contribute anything. They can't take offense if you keep your opinions (or your facts) to yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyman View Post
The rules are not consistently applied on GTA, and often some things are inflated and applied selectively to punish, censor, and bully those with opinions not shared by the management regardless of how well they behave.
BigTinBoat is offline   Reply With Quote