Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:

Air Gun Forums » Air Guns Reviews » Gun accessory reviews » Hawke Airmax w/AMX Reticle Scopes

Notices

Old 02-03-2017, 12:36 AM   #1
SteveP

Default Hawke Airmax w/AMX Reticle Scopes

I deliberately waited until Hawke released these in the US because I liked the look of the new AMX reticle in them and so far I haven't been one bit disappointed in the now 3 Airmax scopes I own.
The first 2 were 3-9x40 AO versions purchased from Jeff at Trenier Outdoors who gave me a great deal to buy the pair of them. One is mounted on my Weihrauch HW95 .22 with a Sun Optics recoil stop block (the stop pin in that block is a perfect fit for the scope stop holes in the HW95 receiver) and the other is mounted on my Webley Tomahawk .177 springer.
They're definitely a step up from my Vantage scopes with better glass, a wider field of view and better turrets and the AMX reticle is glass etched with no black side bars to block your view. Another bonus to the AMX is all the mildots. It has 10 mildot spacing for holdover, hold under and also for windage plus markings for half mildot spacing on the holdover so if you 0.5 through 4.5 mildot markings.
I also have an Airmax 3-12x50 30SF IR I got from www.dvor.com during a sale, normally $400 and I got for $240 plus shipping and is mounted on my Hatsan Galatian III. The IR only comes in red but on the low setting works perfect in shade or low light conditions and has an even better turret system than the standard Airmax scopes as the turrets are the lockable style so you don't need to remove turret caps if you want to adjust them, just unlock, adjust and go.
Very glad I waited and money very well spent as far as I'm concerned.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	airmax1.jpg
Views:	2746
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	111   Click image for larger version

Name:	airmax 30sf.jpg
Views:	2828
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	112   Click image for larger version

Name:	amx reticle1.jpg
Views:	2802
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	113   Click image for larger version

Name:	weihrauch hw95.jpg
Views:	2778
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	114   Click image for larger version

Name:	Galatian III.jpg
Views:	2751
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	115  

Last edited by SteveP; 02-03-2017 at 12:40 AM..
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 08:27 PM   #2
Clifford

I'm also enjoying the AMX reticle. The extra marks allow for some very long distance shooting when desired
Clifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 05:32 PM   #3
Airgun.Sniper

Similar to hawkes 10x and 20x mildot reticle. I wish they made a 20x version. I also see hawke introduced a new rangefinder this year.