Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:

Air Gun Forums » Air Guns Reviews » Gun accessory reviews » Sidewheel for Hawke Eclipse 6-24x50

Notices

Old 08-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #1
Rdsail

Default Sidewheel for Hawke Eclipse 6-24x50

I got my new Eclipse and I have to say that I love it. The one thing I found hard was to turn the AO knob. So I started looking for options for a side wheel. I found that the cheapest wheel was $50 and then they went up after that.

I Just could not think of spending $55 for a side wheel. So I started looking for option. My first intention was to use it as an aid to focus and not so much for ranging.

I went to a friends business that make signs and picked up some scrap sintra. http://www.sintrapvc.com. This is a high density PVC from.

I took some measurements started to work on it. The wheel I made is 90mm just because that was the width of the material I had.

this are some picts of the wheel

The nice things is that It is extremely light. and it is sandable. You can fit any scope ring with little effort. IT gets pushed into the knob and it forms around the knob. I don't think it requires a set screw but That could be easily added.

This wheel is a prototype. I cut it manually I can have them cut by with a cnc machine and they would be perfect.

Last edited by Rdsail; 08-10-2013 at 02:05 PM..
Rdsail is offline   Reply With Quote