Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:

Air Gun Forums » Air Guns Reviews » Gun accessory reviews » Hawke Vantage Scopes

Notices

Old 02-03-2017, 12:09 AM   #1
SteveP

Default Hawke Vantage Scopes

I have quite a few of these and thought I'd do a quick review for anyone interested and looking for more info.
I have them in 2-7x32, 3-9x40, 4-12x40 and 4-12x50 sizes, all are front AO and more than a few also have the Illuminated Reticle feature which I'm a fan of. For darker targets or when shooting up into trees or shaded areas, the IR set on low green lights up just the center of the reticle with the mildots and makes it very easy to see them where a lot of times, the plain black might blend in and be harder to see.
One of the better changes Hawke made when they built the Vantage line was the No Snag turrets. No need to have a coin or screwdriver handy like on the older Sport HD's (I have one of those too, a 3-9x40 AO) as they're now a knob style and easy to turn with distinctive clicks when you do.
They also have very clear glass and I've had no problems seeing targets out to 40 and 50 yards without having to max the magnification and keep them all on 6 to 8 most of the time. They also, even though the markings on the front AO only go down to 10, will focus down to about 7 or 8 yards and I've tested it on all of them and had no problems seeing things very clearly that close. The one thing I would recommend if you get one with IR is to put a little moly on the threads of the cap for the battery as if you get them a little too snug, they get hard to remove after awhile and you end up needing a couple pairs of padded pliers to get them off.
All Hawke scopes come with a LIfetime warranty and I know Hawke recommends using only 30mm scopes on air rifles, but every one of mine is mounted on springers or gas rams and have held up great with 1000's of shots taken.
The pics are of the 3-9x40 AO IR mounted on my Webley Tomahawk .22 springer.
Hope this helps anyone reading.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vantage1.jpg
Views:	2458
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	108   Click image for larger version

Name:	vantage2.jpg
Views:	2443
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	109   Click image for larger version

Name:	vantage3.jpg
Views:	2462
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	110  

Last edited by SteveP; 02-03-2017 at 12:11 AM..
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote