Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:

Air Gun Forums » Air gun Alley » Crosman, Benjamin, Sheridan » Been a while, here is what I was working on

Notices

Old 06-21-2012, 11:16 PM   #1
grumpy
Administrator

Default Been a while, here is what I was working on

I been so busy shooting I hardly had time to post. Always wanted a wanted a 2260 so when one popped up on the yeller for a decent price I jumped on it. First time I took it out to shoot the dam thing wouldn't hit the broad side of a barn at 20 yards. Thought it was scope so I tried another. That didn't help so I put the gun in the closet and forgot about it.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago and I decided to tear it down and find out what the hecks the problem. Didn't take long to figure out the barrel was bent in dang near a U shape. So I swapped in a new barrel I had laying around. Then I noticed that Hi Pac had the 2260 in stock so I ordered one with an extension. When it came I was like a kid at Christmas. So I go to thread it in and it only goes in maybe 3 threads. I wrote Alex at Hi Pac and he said its most likely the lower tube on the 2260 but I couldn't believe it. He said no problem just send both the Hi Pac and tube to him. I pack everything up and then it hit me that shippings probably more to and from him then to call Crosman and see if they have a lower tube in stock. Sure enough they do ( $12.00 to boot ) and soon one is on its way to me. It arrived yesterday and sure enough everything fits like a glove

My goal is to build a reasonably lightweight hunter putting out in the 15 FPE range with about 15-20 shots on HPA. I just finished assembling the gun and here is what shes got.

.22 cal 2260 with a Michael Chavka stock.
Boss Valve
Hi pac
Mellon Air long probe bolt
B&A 3 screw trigger
TKO LDC
Heavier hammer spring.
Hawke 3-9x50

Storms came rolling through so no time to get a shot string. Hopefully that will happen tomorrow. I am considering adding another barrel band, power adjuster and Mrod trigger.

Well thats it until I get some numbers. Oh, almost forgot, here's a couple of pictures.

Dave
grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
Geoffrey_K
Super Moderator

looks good. what would be the difference between this and just adding a Disco end cap and filling it up ?

edit: NM .. a sealed valve vs an unsealed one is my guess

Last edited by Geoffrey_K; 12-31-2013 at 11:29 PM..
Geoffrey_K is offline   Reply With Quote