Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:

Air Gun Forums » Air Guns » General Air Gun Discussion » Gun Recomendations?

Notices

Old 04-04-2018, 03:22 PM   #1
keninaz

Default Gun Recomendations?

I used to do a lot of shooting, particularly .22s for sport. But I am much older now and have medical problems which has left me in a wheelchair most of the time and I would like to shoot in my own back yard. I can manage to get a range of up to 70’ or so there.
I want to purchase a couple of pellet guns (pistol or revolver) for the wife and I to play around with using a pellet trap.
I suppose that a revolver overall would be more accurate than a semi auto blow back type but not sure. I also read posts stating a lot of the semi autos jam too and that worries me.
I don’t really care if I have 16-30 shots or not but I don’t want a single shot and I think I want a CO2 type this time.
Looking for something less than let us say $125 per gun to start out and it seems that there are many.
We are looking at shooting at up to say 50’ in the back yard and I think either a .177 or a .22 caliber would do just fine.
What would you recommend? And what pellets?

I would also be interested in a couple of rifles with more or less the same requirements. I prefer open sites.
In the past I have had a pump (5 mm Sheridan) and a break type but it’s been years. The old Sheridan was very accurate.
Now I have a bad shoulder and back and I am afraid that pumping or breaking a barrel is not such a good idea anymore. Therefore CO2 may be the way to go?
keninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 12:30 PM   #2
BigTinBoat

I say go with a Crosman Vigilante. I haven't used one, but based on what I've seen on the forums and the reviews the gun gets, it sounds like it fits your needs.

https://www.amazon.com/Crosman-Vigil...&creative=9325
BigTinBoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 04:09 PM   #3
keninaz

TNX, the Crosman may fit the bill. I will check out the reviews.

I read some reviews and decided to order the Umarex Fusion Combo (4x32 w/rings). It's quiet, supposed to be accurate and WalMart had it on sale for some $60 off retail which made it a good buy and hard to beat for some $85.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:37 PM   #4
BigTinBoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
TNX, the Crosman may fit the bill. I will check out the reviews.

I read some reviews and decided to order the Umarex Fusion Combo (4x32 w/rings). It's quiet, supposed to be accurate and WalMart had it on sale for some $60 off retail which made it a good buy and hard to beat for some $85.
Most definitely the Fusion at Walmart was a heck of a deal for $84 and change. I thought you were wanting a pistol.
BigTinBoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 03:49 PM   #5
keninaz

You just did not read my post far enough to see the comment about rifles.