currently browsing forums.
You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:

Air Gun Forums » Air gun Alley » Air Force guns » Air Force Condor .25

Notices

Old 01-22-2017, 10:52 PM   #1
Clifford

Default Air Force Condor .25

So a while back I downsized my airgun collection and moved to a location where I have some room to shoot. I actually got completely out of PCP airguns for a while. When the itch caught back up with me I was eyeballing an AF talon. Critter hunting needs pushed me more towards a condor in .25 so that's what I ended up getting.

The first addition was the R&L shroud system

Fit & function are great with this shroud. I think it keeps the factory lines of the condor.

Second came the Wokgard15 Mk2 and Magpul MOE grip. The magpul grip had a beaver tail that I removed. Some quick rounding and sanding of the rear edge and it's a nice fit.

I really like the magpul grip over rubber alternatives. It's a very high traction synthetic and they have done a good job for a reasonable pricetag.

I had a few issues with the wokgard. First, it is either machined very proud where it mates with the grip or the coating thickness was not accounted for. Magpul MOE stuff is pretty standard size and I had to remove a lot of material from the inside surface of the grip for it to fit the wokgard. Second, the coating seems somewhat soft for powder coat and has a lot of orange peel texture. I'm not a powder coat expert but I suspect the baking process is the culprit. Tony at talontunes said I could send it back for a refund but didn't seem concerned otherwise. If it were a $50 part I wouldn't have bothered contacting him but its $80 and the coating is somewhat important. Moving on....

Last edited by Clifford; 01-22-2017 at 10:56 PM..
Clifford is offline   Reply With Quote