Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:

Air Gun Forums » Air Guns Reviews » Air Guns and accessory reviews » New acquisition

Notices

Old 03-12-2012, 01:38 AM   #1
grumpy
Administrator

Default New acquisition

After much thinking, and saving, I finally got one of my dream guns. That gun is the FX 500 Royale.

Today we were blessed with 60 degree temps so out to the backyard I went. This is just some initial thoughts on the FX. Warning: I am not a writer nor do I care to be one. Only sharing my impressions.

Gun: FX Royale 500
Pellets: JSB Kings
Optics: Hawke Eclipse 30SF

First up was charging. Its nice to have a standard Foster fitting instead of that silly fitting on my other FX, which is a Whisper. The bad part is its so recessed people with fat fingered people ( like me ) have a hard time getting the fill prob on and off easily. Anyhow so the tanks filled and off to the back yard I go. Next up is loading the magazine. One quick note to FX, your magazines SUCK ! How hard would it be to use the Crosman style mag. Its fractions the cost and immensely easier to load. Nothings worse then spending more time loading mags then shooting. Another note to to FX, your magazines are not made of gold so stop charging like they are.
OK, so the mags loaded, power setting is on 3 dots, which is high power and targets all set up so on to some shooting time.

First shot I pulled bad and thought to myself dang man, did I really flub it that bad ? Next shot I really concentrate ( feels so unnatural compared to how I normally shoot ) and the shots much better. After a few mags I get the feel for the 500 and am placing 3 shot groups in the same hole at 20 yards, sorry thats all the room I have for shooting.

Couple of quick thoughts I had today. Did I hose it by choosing this gun. The verdict is still out on that. Another observation is the trigger Huntsman classic so much better to me then the FX. I have yet to fiddle with the FX's. Hoping I can lighten the second stage up a lot !

Now with all the talk of Royale Mis-feed problems I am happy to report that not one single problem in 1/3 tin of JSB's

With the forecast for some awesome weather this week I plan to get out and put a ton of pellets through her. Will report back with more then.

Oh yeah and heres a pic of my ugly mug holding this new beauty up at Precision Airgun's shop, where I purchased it.

Grumpy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3428.jpg
Views:	3340
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	24  
grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #2
eric

mis feeds ---- that is what turned me off from the maruader besides the stock .my .25 cal top end came with clips --- i will not be using them
eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:13 AM   #3
grumpy
Administrator

Well after much farting around Jim at Precision figured out what my accuracy problems were. Turns out the pellets were clipping the shroud slightly. Still that was enough to make me pull my hair out. Will report back with more later.
grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote