Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:

Air Gun Forums » Air Guns Reviews » Air Guns and accessory reviews » Jim Gaska (MArmot Militia) Extensions

Notices

Old 08-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
ShakySarge

Thumbs up Jim Gaska (MArmot Militia) Extensions

This post has been awhile coming so sorry for the delay but here we go.

I purchased the 6 inch Marauder tube extension from MarmotMilitia.com; AKA Jim Gaska as well as the 3 inch baffle extension for the shroud about 4 months ago. Due to complications I have been out of the loop for quite sometime and have owed Grumpy a review of my findings for quite some time!!!!!

First of all, the items arrived as described, anodized black to match the .25 Marauder they were soon to be installed on. I was skeptical of what the new shot count would be once I installed the tube as before I was getting 10 shots starting at 908 down to 875 all accurately with an average of 44 FPE.

I installed the tube literally on the table at a shoot I was hosting! Was I ever impressed, the shroud extension fit perfect and the tube seemed to screw into place as if it belonged there, I put back the shroud "float" and filled the new longer and hopefully improved Marauder. As I went through the first mag of 8 I could tell that there was a steady power hold and was shocked that this held for another magazine plus two more rounds before the pellets began to droop!!

Now there was nothing technical about that but after crunching my numbers I have found that I get 18 shots from 899-910-875!!

Note that the rifle is a tad heavier on the front end but I shoot from a bench so that is not an issue with me at all!!

Matt

Last edited by ShakySarge; 12-07-2018 at 03:18 AM.. Reason: Add Photos
ShakySarge is offline   Reply With Quote