currently browsing forums.
You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:

Air Gun Forums » Air gun Alley » Chinese guns » FDPCP explosion

Notices

Old 08-25-2015, 07:50 PM   #11
grumpy
Administrator

I spoke to Mike M. who said when he was testing these guns the tube he got to fly only went about 100 ft before burying itself in the ground. Pretty sure we covered that area fairly well but I guess there's a small possibility we missed it. If we make it back over maybe we can try to canvas that area again..
grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:16 PM   #12
critter99

yes but what was the launch angle on this one?? I sure wouldn't wanna ask Nancy how she was holding it when it went off
critter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 01:15 AM   #13
PakProtector

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
I spoke to Mike M. who said when he was testing these guns the tube he got to fly only went about 100 ft before burying itself in the ground. Pretty sure we covered that area fairly well but I guess there's a small possibility we missed it. If we make it back over maybe we can try to canvas that area again..
100 feet, just a point of reference, that is about the distance from the picnic table to the left hand corner of the pole barn. I could throw it that far. I could not however throw it through a gun case. I think Mike did not test the same sort of failure if max range was 100 feet.
cheers,
Douglas
PakProtector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 01:25 AM   #14
critter99

on way out of case it took front sight of end of barrel as well ...seems like that would not go very far

I bet we never find it
Old 08-26-2015, 02:20 AM   #15
grumpy
Administrator

He explained to me that he mounted the gun in a vice, filled it to 4500PSI and then proceeded to whack it with a hammer till she let loose.

I have no idea what angle mine was on when it let loose, but I bet it could not have been more then 10 deg up or down.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:05 AM   #16
critter99

Quote:
He explained to me that he mounted the gun in a vice, filled it to 4500PSI and then proceeded to whack it with a hammer till she let loose.

I have no idea what angle mine was on when it let loose, but I bet it could not have been more then 10 deg up or down.
wow that sound like a dangerous way to test to failure.......
Old 08-26-2015, 12:19 PM   #17
PakProtector

Quote:

I am glad he lived to tell the tale, given the conditions you describe, and it further reinforces my belief that he caused a failure different from what we experienced. In any case, we shall continue the search.
cheers,
Douglas
PakProtector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 12:47 AM   #18
HimRoid

Anyone ever get the truth on what happened? I read on another forum that it was a shipping issue, BS IMO. If that was the case it would have happened on fill up, or while shooting. Sounds more like it's more a case of selling blems and hoping there's not a problem. I know for a fact the seller uses heat shrink in his so called "Pro Tuned Springers".
I hope this reply is OK, I know at another Forum I would get banned and trashed, for what I said.
HimRoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:26 PM   #19
grumpy
Administrator

Have not heard anything from Mike yet. He said the parts were out at a metallurgical lab for testing.
Old 11-07-2015, 02:35 AM   #20
HimRoid

I don't think the truth will ever come out, especially from the GTA. The issue has to due with defective merchandise that MM, bought to make a fast buck. One of the reasons he has no commit on the issue. I apologize if that's out of line, but I call them as is.
HimRoid is offline   Reply With Quote