Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:

Air Gun Forums » Air Guns Technical » Air Gun Maintenance » Bottled Marauder Maintenance(and standard marauder)

Notices

Old 03-26-2015, 04:34 PM   #1
ShakySarge

Post Bottled Marauder Maintenance(and standard marauder)

First of all do not buy the JDS version of this product IMO. Wait until next month when the OFFICIAL LICENSED product is released to the public from Wicked Air Rifles (WAR).

That being said, maintenance is the same as your standard Marauder rifle. ONLY clean the barrel when accuracy becomes an issue. Ensure proper lubrication of the breech o-ring using pure silicone oil only! Check the o-ring after every tin or so to check for wear and if you see signs of wear replace it with a new one using a dental pick to remove the old and to gently em-place the new one, once again ensuring to lube.

IF you must clean your barrel do so with goo gone only and patches on a piece of weed-eater line. THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO .25 CAL MRODS! On .25 cal Mrods feel free to use a wire brush with goo gone as they have firearms grade barrels and will not be damaged by the use of brass brushes and rods. Once you have scrubbed thoroughly move to patches and run clean patches until they come out clean. (NOTE: It is wise to remove your breech o-ring when using a wire brush on your .25 cal Marauder.)

Other key points to lubricate are the hammer and hammer spring. A GREAT lube for this is DuPont Krytox, although pricey, a little goes a long ways and your gun will increase in efficiency due to using it.

Last but not least when changing o-rings anywhere internally on the gun I once again prefer DuPont Krytox. Just a dab on your finger and run it around the o-ring is all you need, then simply ease the part back into position.

Hope this is helpful to any new Marauder owners out there!!

Last edited by ShakySarge; 03-28-2015 at 03:00 PM..
ShakySarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 09:10 PM   #2
Bob La Londe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakySarge View Post
First of all do not buy the JDS version of this product IMO. Wait until next month when the OFFICIAL LICENSED product is released to the public from Wicked Air Rifles (WAR).

That being said, maintenance is the same as your standard Marauder rifle. ONLY clean the barrel when accuracy becomes and issue. Ensure proper lubrication of the breech o-ring using pure silicone oil only! Check the o-ring after every tin or so to check for wear and if you see signs of wear replace it with a new one using a dental pick to remove the old and to gently em-place the new one, once again ensuring to lube.

IF you must clean your barrel do so with goo gone only and patches on a piece of weed-eater line. THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO .25 CAL MRODS! On .25 cal Mrods feel free to use a wire brush with goo gone as they have firearms grade barrels and will not be damaged by the use of brass brushes and rods. Once you have scrubbed thoroughly move to patches and run clean patches until they come out clean. (NOTE: It is wise to remove your breech o-ring when using a wire brush on your .25 cal Marauder.)

Other key points to lubricate are the hammer and hammer spring. A GREAT lube for this is DuPont Krytox, although pricey, a little goes a long ways and your gun will increase in efficiency due to using it.

Last but not least when changing o-rings anywhere internally on the gun I once again prefer DuPont Krytox. Just a dab on your finger and run it around the o-ring is all you need, then simply ease the part back into position.

Hope this is helpful to any new Marauder owners out there!!
What product exactly?
Bob La Londe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:21 PM   #3
critter99

Default Dying to see the licensed version of kit

I hope they stayed on-track with materials kept the same ...

I also wonder of he will have turn key sets available with a tube or will ya have to send in original to be shortened
critter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 02:54 PM   #4
ShakySarge

Bob, the Bottled Marauder Kit! It will give you 500cc of air on-board! Very awesome rig, I have one as does TOM (critter99) and Dave (grumpy) has several.

It is hard to tell TOM. Supposedly it is an exact set-up but time will tell I reckon. I certainly would hope you don't have to send anything in as that could take quite awhile.

Last edited by ShakySarge; 03-28-2015 at 02:59 PM..
Old 03-28-2015, 03:11 PM   #5
grumpy
Administrator

Oh yeah, Tom did not have the best of luck and had to wait for ever on Gaska. Know he did finally make it right tho.
grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 09:45 PM   #6
Rdsail

I need a mrod bottle kit. To feed my build. Well soon enough.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:09 AM   #7
critter99

I think any of the machined to order stuff with air riflers takes along time as its a sideline business for the most part

Ya want quick ya need a HUGE lathe and mill in ya garage
critter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 01:56 AM   #8
Bob La Londe

Oh. Ok. I bought the JDS Airman a while back for my .25. I just installed it today. There are a couple things I don't like about it, but since I have a CNC mill I was able to install the block nice and square. I think if I did another one I'ld make it myself. Nothing special to it really. I originally was going to make my own, but... well you know how that goes.

I like the idea of the one PakProtector was offering with a cut down airtube already machined so the end user doesn't have to do any machining. I just kept seeing references to GTA whenever I asked about it. Since I'm persona non grata over there...

Anyway, mine is done for now. I didn't have much air in my pony bottle so I'll have to charge that up before I can see what the 22CI bottle did for my shot string. I did cut the air tube a little on the long side to try and optimize volume. Not really happy with my stock work, but I have a spare stock already so I can redo it when I get the urge.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:35 AM   #9
ShakySarge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob La Londe View Post
Oh. Ok. I bought the JDS Airman a while back for my .25. I just installed it today. There are a couple things I don't like about it, but since I have a CNC mill I was able to install the block nice and square. I think if I did another one I'ld make it myself. Nothing special to it really. I originally was going to make my own, but... well you know how that goes.

I like the idea of the one PakProtector was offering with a cut down airtube already machined so the end user doesn't have to do any machining. I just kept seeing references to GTA whenever I asked about it. Since I'm persona non grata over there...

Anyway, mine is done for now. I didn't have much air in my pony bottle so I'll have to charge that up before I can see what the 22CI bottle did for my shot string. I did cut the air tube a little on the long side to try and optimize volume. Not really happy with my stock work, but I have a spare stock already so I can redo it when I get the urge.
That is what I was afraid of with the JDS version of the "kit" ie, hunk of metal, lol. However, I am happy to hear that you made it work for you seeing as how wasted money is never a good thing!
Old 03-30-2015, 05:17 PM   #10
Bob La Londe

8-10 high power shots (depending on how much ES you are willing to tolerate) from 3200 previously. 16 from 3000 now, but number 16 seems a little light in the thump department. If I have time today I'll shoot some Pro Chrono strings and see what the numbers tell me.

John at JDS is claiming he will have a 4500 to XXXX regulator available soon that will screw into the 250 bar bottles. That would really give some potential for shot counts once I finish adjusting and tuning to determine my best pressure to power efficiency.

Tags
cleaning, lube, maintenance, marauder, mrod